Monday, May 7, 2007

A Claire Song

Claire sang her heart out and I scribbled on a tiny notebook as quickly as I could. Take a deep breath, it's a long one.
Do you think James Taylor could put these lyrics to music for her? Melissa Etheridge?


One day I went to the store
and I wanted to buy some ice cream.
And also a lollypop.
Oh well I will just leave.
Oh no, I'm not locked up in a cave.

So I can cross the street when I want
I will not leave the town
And I will be
To have nothing
To just go somewhere and never return
That's what they all say-
but why won't they learn?

I will be the one to be.
I will not hit the king of the queen.

I would stay home and play something to do
I won't give anything up
I would be the star you see
I hate to say, but I don't know how
But when I shout it makes me yell

When I will be the first to know.
I would be the rock to show.

When I grow up I will be a star
I will raise the one hand
so I can cross the street.
Who will I meet?
I will go home with my mom
I would be the star
Raise my hand and stop the bar.

Look straight ahead
and drive into the pool.

I will try ot go,
but where should I go?
That's the only question I ask.

I would love to go somewhere
It that ever comes true
but if I ever go.
But where should I go?
That's the only question I should say.

And I would make a bigger.
And I want to do what I say.
I love to think
of the stuff
I love to do

When all the trouble.
I would be the last star to hit the moon
To go away.
So they could cross the street like they want.

King of the sea
He would be king of
the first Christmas tree.

I would be king of the Earth!
When the things all happen,
it gives the mom a great gift of things.

I give the sun
he probably wanted a grape
or the hen.

He would give big yawn and go to sleep.

And to me.

I would choose to hit him.
I would get him out of the way.
I would chose to get rats and
get hats.

And most of all
give great joy.

He wouldn't be the big joy.
He would go home and scream and fight
You're right.

And down will come him while
he goes behind.

But listen to me
if you're 7 you can't be at the party
if you choose.

Choose to be happy
Choose to do it for yourself.

He would carefully mind
that he was behind.

I don't, but when I do to know
when he goes home.

You want the day
You warm the baby
who first got born
and rent up the horn
and rinsed up a baby.

He could go on with all the dreams,
when carefully he chipped the thing.
He would go home and
never be joy.
He would not say any words at all.

And I would scream,
"I love you, too!"

He would scream out loud
and he would want his mother and his father

He would go home every day
and go
And Matt would do his homework

And I would choose to do it right

Now get up and start doing!
Just why don't you get up and
join the next one?

Where is the cat?
I don't know.
Where is Matt?
I don't care.

The edge of the corn
He gave a big yell
He wanted to have fun with his friends.

And all the things began to chase.

He ran around
He was just a little kid

When all the chlldren wen to town
I would be the very first clown

Be so kind
Be so kind
Be so kind

No comments: