Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You are my Sunshine

Claire sat up at the piano and began to play and sing.


You are my sunshine
my only sunshine
you make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear how much i love you
please don't take my sunshine away

if you're down and blue
just call somebody and new
if you're up high or down low
or driving thru the big snow
if you're up high or down low
you'll be like me in low
Johnny and me on the sailing seas
Eight days like me

I won't sail the sea with them
Cats pajamas, cat's pajamas,
won't you come out to play?
Cat's pajamas, cat's pajamas
you can do it.

Got my microphones
and bowling and the dogs said hey
let's laugh and play today

They drag him off to it their loft.
and if you say, if you try
and with the moon asleep at noon.
I was out and see
how lucky you can be
hey hey
no way

if you're down and blue
Oh, I think I said boo
no matter waht you do
if you say I'm true

and if you're up and up
and if you sad and glad
it doesn't matter oh what you're up to
and if you're down and blue
you'll be this way
like you always do...

You are my sunshine
my only sunshine
you make me happy when skies are gray
you'll never know dear
how much i love you
please don't take my sunshine away.

If you're sad or glad
it doesn't matter how you go this way, hey
if you're down or blue
just call yourself
that will mnake it up high
in the sky with a twinkle in the star
it's how you are

Shooting star will pass your eye
no it's a dog in the lie
If you're down and blue
and you'll say boo-hoo

and now i'm up and dry
and I try to do this and that
and maybe i'll be an acrobat.

And when you twinkle from above
you'll see what's makin' life so hard.

If you're down and your blue
you know what to do.
If you're in the rain
it'll rain all night.

If you're up high or down low
and you sing this lovely song
If you're doin' like this me
all the time

You make me happy
when I'm clappy
and the jump in moon
that's way I'll always knew

You are my sunshine
with a tickle dunshine
please take my sunshine to a different place.
And when you're blue
call you

Won't you be with meeeee...
take my sunshine away.

No comments: